For work related posts on my personal blog follow this link.
Other online articles or posts of use are shown below:
- September 2023, if you don’t feel as though you have that one true calling, a list of useful resources: Resources for Generalists - The “Range-o-Verse”, on LinkedIn.
- June 2023, on receiving an unsolicited commercial message on LinkedIn, how I responded, and what I learnt: Table stakes: Debating the role of cold outreach in a sales strategy, with Ed Roberts of We Are Systematic.
- June 2023, On technology choices as a startup: Startup Security Strategy, on LinkedIn.
- April 2023, On my experience of an online red teaming workshop: On Planning the Destruction of the Rebel Alliance, on LinkedIn.
- April 2023, On how industry advice becomes less useful over time: How to get into what we used to do…, on LinkedIn, with Indy Neogy.
- October 2022, On the OODATOC method for analysing your decision making process, and where it needs to be improved: Strategies for a VUCA World - Part 1 - Is VUCA bearing down on you?, on LinkedIn, with Indy Neogy.
- June 2022, On how to plan ahead for potential failures in your cloud services: Do You Have A Resilience Strategy?.
- April 2022, timely advice, at the time, on improving your cyber security thinking after the Russo-Ukranian war escalated: Time To Get Strategic about Cybersecurity, on LinkedIn, with Indy Neogy.
- December 2021, exchanging ideas with an ITAM expert: Exploring outside of the Cyber Security echo chamber, an interview with Kylie Fowler, on LinkedIn, with Kylie Fowler.
- August 2021, On remote and hybrid working: What 20 years of remote collaborating has taught me, for Kaspersky.
- August 2020, On the benefits of diversity in IT security teams: For a more effective IT security team, hire for diverse perspectives, for Kaspersky.
- July 2020, Using wargames to enhance your incident response capabilities: How to train for your next security crisis: Let the wargames begin, for TechBeacon.
- July 2020, On vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, red teaming, and bug bounties: Four types of security testing and when to use them, for Kaspersky.
- February 2020, On how to react to a breach and gain the most from it: How to strengthen your IT security operations after a data breach, for Kaspersky.
- February 2020, some half-formed thoughts around the DevOps way of working: Is DevOps making the same mistake as IT?, for TechBeacon.
- February 2020, Three suggestions on how to be smarter about cyber security procurement: Avoid costly firefighting: How to be smarter about cybersecurity procurement, for Kaspersky.
- January 2020, My thoughts off of a War on the Rocks article about a new way of warfighting: Thoughts on Mosaic Warfare, on LinkedIn.
- December 2019, On what to do if you find yourself running a cyber security team: The accidental CISO: How to lead tech teams without a tech background.
- September 2019, a summary of my “Lessons From The Legion” presentation ahead of DevSecCon Seattle in 2019: It’s time for a DevSecOps strategy rethink, for TechBeacon.
- January 2019, I’m interviewed about my “Lessons from the Legion” presentation: How To Improve Cyber Strategy By Learning NFL Defensive Tactics, by Dan Lohrmann on the Security Boulevard website.
- June 2017, a favourable review of “Navigating the Digital Age”: Review: “Navigating The Digital Age: The Definitive Cybersecurity Guide for Directors and Officers”, for InfoSecurity Magazine.
- May 2017, thinking through a contemporary call for a blacklist: Why a blacklist of journalists is a bad idea, on LinkedIn.
The Handbook of Cyber Wargames
168 words·1 min· 0 · 0
Co-author of the The Handbook of Cyber Wargames: Wargaming the 21st Century.